Thrilling

My better-half and I were browsing youtube last night and we found a wedding party doing the thriller dance. We both thought it was pretty cool but the dancers were quite stiff so we went on a search to find the most precise rendition of our mutually favorite song.

She noted that I had to see the inmates in the Philippines do it. Wow, 1500 inmates doing the thriller dance on key, not missing a step. They even dressed one of the inmates up as a girl to play Ola Rays part. She was the random girl co-star of Jackson’s from the original video and quite cute for the 80’s if I might add.

As we were watching I noticed that the inmates were all in unison but I didn’t feel the pure dedication to the song I was looking for. At that moment my mind scanned the last 5 years of TV watching and remembered seeing a dance show on MTV back in 05, the host was a unbelievable dancer (in a totally manly way) and I remember being wowed by his Michael Jackson tribute. I couldn’t remember his name though so it took me about 10 minutes to find the show. The Wade Robson Project (Pronounced Rob-Sun).

SIDE NOTE – Mike wrote 4 of the 9 songs on the album thriller (Released Nov 30th 1982) but he didn’t write them on paper. He sung them into a recorder and committed them to memory. Sound Familiar? During its peak the record sold 1million copies a week, Quincy Jones told Michael that Billy Jean wasn’t strong enough to be on the record, guess who lost that battle? As a matter of fact 7 of the 9 songs on the album were number 1 on the Billboard Top 100.

I found that specific segment Wade did on the show. I was still a little in aw at his ability (In a totally manly way).

Here are two videos of his. First the tribute from 05 and second of him on a talent show in 1990. This cat is serious!

If you happen to find any thriller renditions that are dope please send them my way so I can post.



No comments: